In view of the current Coronavirus COVID-19 global pandemic and the panic around it, medical experts have a few suggestions besides washing hands and social distancing on how to boost the immune system and possibly minimize the symptoms as there is no pharmaceutical cure for the disease.
Curcumin is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory as well as its anti-microbial properties and can be very useful these days to use to boost the immunity and potentially help fight the Coronavirus.
Here are a five reasons you should take Curcumall, a liquid extract of turmeric and curcumin, to better protect yourself from the Coronavirus :
- Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric has anti-viral properties and was shown to help with feline coronavirus
- Curcumin also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight lung inflammation caused by the virus
- Curcumin exhibits similar properties to those of two pharmaceutical drugs that were approved to aid patients with Coronavirus
- Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that can help your immunity
- Curcumall ® is liquid extract of turmeric and curcumin that is better absorbed in the body then other curcumin supplements and thus maximizes the efficacy of curcumin.
Let’s dive into each one of those reasons.
1. Curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric has anti-viral properties and was shown to help with feline coronavirus
Curcumin is a natural polyphenol compound extracted from turmeric (Curcuma longa), which is renowned for its wide spectrum of biological and pharmacological activities in profound diseases and disorders.
These properties were tested in a 2018 research on feline coronavirus (FPV) that causes a fatal disease in cats (1).
Although the current coronavirus in humans is different from the feline coronavirus, the research showed that curcumin reduced the viral multiplication and lowered the inflammatory response. The research concluded that curcumin had an inhibitory effect on the feline coronavirus.
2. Curcumin also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight lung inflammation caused by the virus
As the current coronavirus in humans is especially known to attack the respiratory system, some medical experts in India (March 2020) advocated curcumin for reducing lung inflammation caused by the virus. (2)
The current coronavirus COVID-19 causes a significant rise in the inflammatory response in the body. Turmeric/ curcumin, is already well known for reducing inflammation in the body by lowering the inflammation markers TNF and IL-6. Keeping the inflammation in our body low can help fight off coronavirus, according to some medical experts.
3. Curcumin exhibits similar properties to those of two pharmaceutical drugs that were approved to aid patients with Coronavirus
Health authorities around the globe are searching now for treatments to aid patients with the novel coronavirus. Two existing rheumatoid arthritis medications Kevzara and Actemra (3) might hold promise in helping patients with lung damage to recover. Both drugs are interleukin (IL-6) inhibitors. Targeting IL-6 and IL-6 signaling leads to effective prevention and treatment of inflammatory diseases.
There are numerous studies demonstrating association of down-regulation of IL-6 and/or inhibition of IL-6 signaling with therapeutic effects of curcumin suggesting a role for modulation of IL-6 in anti-d pathologic stats (4). Therefore curcumin can also be effective against the coronavirus.
4. Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that can help your immunity
Antioxidants may prevent damage to immune cells by neutralizing free radicals – agents in the environment that may damage your cells and reduce your immunity.
Clinical studies have well-established that turmeric and curcumin can both reduce the harmful effects of oxidative stress on their own, while also increasing the activities of other antioxidants in the body.
5. Curcumall ® is better than most curcumin supplements
Curcumall® is an all-natural liquid herbal supplement of turmeric extract, curcumin and ginger extract. It was developed over the course of seven years by scientists in the health and medical research fields to harness the health-giving properties of curcumin without the problem of stomach upset and with improved absorption.
Typically, curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream through the digestive tract. Curcumall® is more readily absorbed than most available curcumin products due to its extraction process and liquid form. This technologically advanced formula delivers more curcumin to the blood while optimizing its efficacy.
For those who are looking for a preventive measure, we recommend daily intake of Curcumall® : a teaspoon in a glass of water first thing in the morning.
Curcumall® has no side effects. You can even use it in cooking. Check out our recipes here for an easy way to incorporate curcumin into your menu.
- Ng, Shing Wei (2018) Curcumin encapsulated chitosan nanoparticles as antiviral therapy against feline infectious peritonitis. Doctoral thesis, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Turmeric is Being Touted as an Effective Herb to Keep Coronavirus at Bay
- Coronavirus medicine: An arthritis drug could be the answer everyone is looking for
- Ghandadi, Morteza, and Amirhossein Sahebkar. “Curcumin: An effective inhibitor of interleukin-6.” Current pharmaceutical design 23.6 (2017): 921-931.